Mixing MasterclassWednesday 13th at Sonopro Audio School Barcelona.
Creative Director at Point Blank Music school, JC brings to his role 35 years of experience in the music industry as a producer, engineer, remixer and artist development. In his role at Point Blank, JC oversees many of the creative aspects of the school, including the development of course content and the recruitment and training of expert instructors, the design of the studios and implementation of technologies, video tutorials and live broadcasts.
JC started his professional career in the late 80s in France, working as a programmer on Vanessa Paradis’ second album before moving to London (UK) in the early 90s. In London, JC started as an engineer at Falconer Studios working with Omar, Pressure Drop and Urban Species with whom he got his first top ten hit with “Spiritual Love”. He joined Matrix studios in 94 where he worked with a wide range of artists including Bjork, Blur, Depeche Mode, Erasure, Oasis, Take That, The Cure and US3. JC produced several albums for Blue Note, Chrysalis, EMI, Sony and Warner and remixed for several artists including Portishead and Kid Loco, as well as work for films and TV.
10:30am – 11:30am
- Mixing Masterclass
- This session will focus on the following:
- Overall mix process – organisation, layout, grouping and busses – how to bring analog feel in the box
- Drums: EQ-compression-saturation
- Strings – how to process to get a bigger sound
- Vocal – Eq. compression, FX chain
- Master Buss processing
12noon – 13hrs
- Mastering Masterclass
This session will focus on the following:
- The progression from mixing to mastering
- The difference between mixing and mastering – same tools but different use
- Mastering process: plugin chain, EQ, Compression / multi band compression, harmonic distortion, clipper, limiter
- Loudness in mastering and how to increase perceived loudness while maintaining audio quality
- Registration is free
- You have to be registered to the FMF to gain access
- Registration is free for FMF delegates
- Maximum of 40 participants
Carrer de Sant Hermenegild, 18, 08006 Barcelona